Web Page Knowledge Base Sync in Talla
Talla can be configured to synch up with a third-party knowledge base. Common Knowledge Base applications (such as Zendesk, SalesForce, and Confluence) are supported by bespoke integration flows.
In the scenario where your knowledge base exists as a publicly accessible webpage, Talla can scrape that content and extract your knowledge.
How to Integrate a Public Website with Talla Knowledge Base
The following steps outline how to establish a sync between a public website and Talla and can be completed by an account who is an Organization Admin for your Talla org.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Select "Add New"
- Select "Website"
- Once connected to your website, fill out the following information
- Insert the URL to your webpage sitemap. This most likely takes the form of "www.mywebsite.com/sitemap.xml"
- Select the sitemap type (in most cases, this will just be "Sitemap")
- Choose which groups in Talla will have access to this content
- *Optional* enable "Auto Publish" - this automatically publishes newly synched content into your Talla Knowledge Base. Otherwise, newly synched pages will require manual approval.
- *Optional* Enable Smart Reasoning - smart reasoning enables Talla to make basic inferences about your information and return optimal results to knowledge inquiries. If you are unsure whether or not to turn this option on, reach out to your customer success contact or e-mail email@example.com
- Select "Sync Content" and the integration is set up! Depending on the size of your knowledge base, Talla may take a few minutes to sync your site's content.
How to Integrate HubSpot Service Hub with Talla KB
If your HubSpot Service Hub knowledge base is accessible as a public knowledge base, set up the integration just as you would set up a public website KB integration in Talla. However, make sure to select "HubSpot" as the Sitemap type Field.