Respond to User Requests
- When Talla doesn't know the answer to a question, the requestor can elect to create a training request. These requests sent to the Training Portal where they can be addressed by a subject matter expert.
- The Training Portal shows the backlog of all requests submitted by end-users. A Trainer in Talla can address the requests by finding the appropriate answer or assigning the training task to an appropriate
- Open a training request by clicking on it. You can answer a training request one of two ways:
- If there is an existing answer in your documents, choose the "Find" option. Find your content with the search bar and select "Save and Send Answer".
- Else, if the answer to the requestor's question does not exist in your KB, select "Create" to add the answer to your KB.
- Creating a new answer will automatically create a header with the question and a place to add the answer
- You can add the new content to an existing page or start a new page for this answer
- Selecting "Save & Send Answer" gets the answer back to the requestor and simultaneously trains Talla how to answer this question in the future.